Brazilian woman rape case: Accused sent to 14 days JC
New Delhi: A property dealer arrested for
allegedly raping a 27-year-old Brazilian student was today
remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a court here after
Delhi police said that it has completed custodial
interrogation of the accused.
Metropolitan Magistrate Surya Malik Grover sent accused
Amandeep Singh, son of a Delhi-based lawyer, to Tihar jail
till July 14.
"No more custodial interrogation is required," Delhi
police told the court where Singh was produced after the
expiry of his one day`s police custody.
The court had yesterday allowed only a day`s custodial
interrogation of the accused although the police had sought
five days custody.
Meanwhile, another Metropolitan Magistrate Gagandeep
Singh recorded the statement of the victim.
The incident reported from Chitranjan Park in south
Delhi came to light on June 29 after the woman lodged a
complaint alleging that her landlord had raped her twice after
giving her coffee laced with sedatives.
The accused, owner of the house in which the woman was
staying on rent, was arrested after her medical examination
The woman, who is pursuing a Mass Communication course
from a private institute in Noida, came to India in the first
week of June. She has been staying in the rented accommodation
since June 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir