Brief Parliament session likely from December first week
New Delhi: Parliament is likely to have a short winter session starting from the first week of December in view of Assembly elections in five states.
The Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs, headed by Defence Minister AK Antony, is meeting on Monday to take a call on the dates for the session and related issues.
The meeting is taking place amid proposals to have the session from December 5 to 22.
The winter session is generally a month-long affair but this time it is likely to be curtailed in view of Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Delhi and Mizoram.
Polling in all these states will end on December 4 and counting is scheduled to take place on December 8.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath and his junior minister Rajiv Shukla are likely to attend the CCPA meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player