Brinda Karat, Anjan among 500 Left activists held
Patna: Over 500 activists of Left parties including CPI-M leaders Brinda Karat and Atul Kumar Anjan were arrested Thursday for blocking roads during a `fill-the-jail` campaign against the price rise.
Karat, Anjan and CITU leader A K Singh headed a procession which blocked the busy Dakbungalow roundabout here creating serious traffic problems, officials said.
They were arrested and taken to a camp jail at Gardanibagh from where they would be released in the evening, sources said.
The Left parties have called a nation-wide fill-the-jail agitation to protest against rising prices of essential commodities and the "failure" of Central and state governments to check it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days