Brinda Karat, Anjan among 500 Left activists held
Patna: Over 500 activists of Left parties including CPI-M leaders Brinda Karat and Atul Kumar Anjan were arrested Thursday for blocking roads during a `fill-the-jail` campaign against the price rise.
Karat, Anjan and CITU leader A K Singh headed a procession which blocked the busy Dakbungalow roundabout here creating serious traffic problems, officials said.
They were arrested and taken to a camp jail at Gardanibagh from where they would be released in the evening, sources said.
The Left parties have called a nation-wide fill-the-jail agitation to protest against rising prices of essential commodities and the "failure" of Central and state governments to check it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS