Brinda Karat, Anjan among 500 Left activists held
Patna: Over 500 activists of Left parties including CPI-M leaders Brinda Karat and Atul Kumar Anjan were arrested Thursday for blocking roads during a `fill-the-jail` campaign against the price rise.
Karat, Anjan and CITU leader A K Singh headed a procession which blocked the busy Dakbungalow roundabout here creating serious traffic problems, officials said.
They were arrested and taken to a camp jail at Gardanibagh from where they would be released in the evening, sources said.
The Left parties have called a nation-wide fill-the-jail agitation to protest against rising prices of essential commodities and the "failure" of Central and state governments to check it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming