Brinda Karat, Anjan among 500 Left activists held
Patna: Over 500 activists of Left parties including CPI-M leaders Brinda Karat and Atul Kumar Anjan were arrested Thursday for blocking roads during a `fill-the-jail` campaign against the price rise.
Karat, Anjan and CITU leader A K Singh headed a procession which blocked the busy Dakbungalow roundabout here creating serious traffic problems, officials said.
They were arrested and taken to a camp jail at Gardanibagh from where they would be released in the evening, sources said.
The Left parties have called a nation-wide fill-the-jail agitation to protest against rising prices of essential commodities and the "failure" of Central and state governments to check it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!