Brother-duo arrested for vehicle thefts in Delhi
New Delhi: Two brothers allegedly involved in at least 13 cases of vehicle theft were arrested in central Delhi, police said today.
Aftab (20) and Shehzad (25), both hailing from UP`s Meerut, were apprehended from Patel Nagar last week and police have recovered a country made pistol and two stolen cars and three two-wheelers, besides a bag containing 45 keys of cars.
"With their arrest, we have solved 13 cases. The accused along with their brother and cousins used to operate a gang," ACP (Central) Devesh Srivastava said.
The gang consisted of five-six people, including auto mechanic. "They used to come in Delhi in the evening in a car and in midnight, they used to break the lock of the targeted vehicle.
"Further, they used to make a duplicate key on the spot with the help of key cutter and other tools and then switch on the engine by connecting the ignition wires using their own expertise developed over years.
"They used to steal two-three vehicles in a night and after changing number plates, park them at parking lots. Then in next day, one person used to pick the vehicle and handover the same to one Akram in Meerut," Srivastava said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?