Brother-duo arrested for vehicle thefts in Delhi
New Delhi: Two brothers allegedly involved in at least 13 cases of vehicle theft were arrested in central Delhi, police said today.
Aftab (20) and Shehzad (25), both hailing from UP`s Meerut, were apprehended from Patel Nagar last week and police have recovered a country made pistol and two stolen cars and three two-wheelers, besides a bag containing 45 keys of cars.
"With their arrest, we have solved 13 cases. The accused along with their brother and cousins used to operate a gang," ACP (Central) Devesh Srivastava said.
The gang consisted of five-six people, including auto mechanic. "They used to come in Delhi in the evening in a car and in midnight, they used to break the lock of the targeted vehicle.
"Further, they used to make a duplicate key on the spot with the help of key cutter and other tools and then switch on the engine by connecting the ignition wires using their own expertise developed over years.
"They used to steal two-three vehicles in a night and after changing number plates, park them at parking lots. Then in next day, one person used to pick the vehicle and handover the same to one Akram in Meerut," Srivastava said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam