Brother-duo arrested for vehicle thefts in Delhi
New Delhi: Two brothers allegedly involved in at least 13 cases of vehicle theft were arrested in central Delhi, police said today.
Aftab (20) and Shehzad (25), both hailing from UP`s Meerut, were apprehended from Patel Nagar last week and police have recovered a country made pistol and two stolen cars and three two-wheelers, besides a bag containing 45 keys of cars.
"With their arrest, we have solved 13 cases. The accused along with their brother and cousins used to operate a gang," ACP (Central) Devesh Srivastava said.
The gang consisted of five-six people, including auto mechanic. "They used to come in Delhi in the evening in a car and in midnight, they used to break the lock of the targeted vehicle.
"Further, they used to make a duplicate key on the spot with the help of key cutter and other tools and then switch on the engine by connecting the ignition wires using their own expertise developed over years.
"They used to steal two-three vehicles in a night and after changing number plates, park them at parking lots. Then in next day, one person used to pick the vehicle and handover the same to one Akram in Meerut," Srivastava said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi