Brother-sister duo from Delhi found dead in Haldwani hotel
Dehradun: A brother-sister duo hailing from Delhi were found dead on Monday in their hotel room in Haldwani town of Nainital district in a suspected case of suicide, police said.
Bodies of Amarnath Banerjee (50) and his sister Irawati (42) were found hanging from the ceiling fan, police said.
A purported suicide note was recovered from the hotel room in which they said they had become a burdern on their elder brother, who already had a family to look after.
Police said Amarnath was ailing since a long time, while Irawati had burn scars on the right side of her face.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'