Brother-sister duo from Delhi found dead in Haldwani hotel
Dehradun: A brother-sister duo hailing from Delhi were found dead on Monday in their hotel room in Haldwani town of Nainital district in a suspected case of suicide, police said.
Bodies of Amarnath Banerjee (50) and his sister Irawati (42) were found hanging from the ceiling fan, police said.
A purported suicide note was recovered from the hotel room in which they said they had become a burdern on their elder brother, who already had a family to look after.
Police said Amarnath was ailing since a long time, while Irawati had burn scars on the right side of her face.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued