Brothers arrested for raping minor sent to judicial custody
New Delhi: A youth and his cousin who were arrested for allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl after befriending her on a social networking site were remanded back in 14 days of judicial custody by a Delhi court on Tuesday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler extended the judicial custody of the two accused till February 26 after their earlier remand ended today.
Naveen Singh and Rajesh Singh were arrested on the night of December 31, 2012 by police.
"The accused are remanded in judicial custody. The accused be produced on February 26," the court said after they were produced before it.
The police in its FIR had alleged the girl was lured into a relationship by the two cousins who initially got physically involved with her and then mentally tortured her by sharing her number with their friends and labelling her as a prostitute.
The girl had told the police that the incident pushed her into depression and she attempted suicide twice.
The two, who are MNC employees and residents of Sarojini Nagar in south Delhi, have been booked under section 376 (rape), section 509 (making gestures with an intent to insult a woman), section 34 (common intention) of the IPC and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The victim, a class XII student, had said in the FIR that she had met Naveen through Facebook in September 2011. Naveen had introduced her to Rajesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read