Brothers arrested for raping minor sent to judicial custody
New Delhi: A youth and his cousin who were arrested for allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl after befriending her on a social networking site were remanded back in 14 days of judicial custody by a Delhi court on Tuesday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler extended the judicial custody of the two accused till February 26 after their earlier remand ended today.
Naveen Singh and Rajesh Singh were arrested on the night of December 31, 2012 by police.
"The accused are remanded in judicial custody. The accused be produced on February 26," the court said after they were produced before it.
The police in its FIR had alleged the girl was lured into a relationship by the two cousins who initially got physically involved with her and then mentally tortured her by sharing her number with their friends and labelling her as a prostitute.
The girl had told the police that the incident pushed her into depression and she attempted suicide twice.
The two, who are MNC employees and residents of Sarojini Nagar in south Delhi, have been booked under section 376 (rape), section 509 (making gestures with an intent to insult a woman), section 34 (common intention) of the IPC and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The victim, a class XII student, had said in the FIR that she had met Naveen through Facebook in September 2011. Naveen had introduced her to Rajesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble