Brothers arrested for raping minor sent to judicial custody
New Delhi: A youth and his cousin who were arrested for allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl after befriending her on a social networking site were remanded back in 14 days of judicial custody by a Delhi court on Tuesday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler extended the judicial custody of the two accused till February 26 after their earlier remand ended today.
Naveen Singh and Rajesh Singh were arrested on the night of December 31, 2012 by police.
"The accused are remanded in judicial custody. The accused be produced on February 26," the court said after they were produced before it.
The police in its FIR had alleged the girl was lured into a relationship by the two cousins who initially got physically involved with her and then mentally tortured her by sharing her number with their friends and labelling her as a prostitute.
The girl had told the police that the incident pushed her into depression and she attempted suicide twice.
The two, who are MNC employees and residents of Sarojini Nagar in south Delhi, have been booked under section 376 (rape), section 509 (making gestures with an intent to insult a woman), section 34 (common intention) of the IPC and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The victim, a class XII student, had said in the FIR that she had met Naveen through Facebook in September 2011. Naveen had introduced her to Rajesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch