BSES files response to DERC show-cause notice
New Delhi: Reliance Energy-backed discom
BSES today filed its response to a show-cause notice issued by
Delhi`s power regulator DERC following report of an
independent inquiry that the company was guilty of issuing
inflated bills to a section of its consumers.
In its notice, DERC said the inquiry committee has found
"major discrepancies" in the billing system of both BRPL and
BYPL and had asked them to reply to its notices by October 15.
"We have filed our report to the DERC this evening," a
BSES official said.
In its response, the discom has rejected findings of the
probe panel that the billing system of the company has major
The probe conducted by a team of Standardisation, Testing
and Quality Certification (SQTC), an organisation under the
department of information technology, had found several major
discrepancies in the BSES billing system.
The BSES official claimed that the software used for
billing system does not have any glitches.
The DERC had formed the inquiry panel after it was found
that nearly 70,000 BSES consumers received abnormally high
bills for the months of June, July and August.
The key aim of the probe team was to verify correctness
of the bills generated by the software of the BSES for the
period from June to August.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India