BSES to launch cash rewards to power theft informers
New Delhi: Reliance Infrastructure backed
discom BSES will soon launch a scheme under which consumers
who inform the company about power thefts will be offered cash
A BSES official said the primary aim of the scheme is to
encourage people to report power theft cases.
He said in the last six months, "conscious consumers"
have helped the company unearth power theft totalling 650 KW.
"Under the scheme, consumers who inform us about power
theft and whose tip-offs actually result in detection of power
theft will be given rewards ranging between Rs 250 and Rs 500,
which will be credited into the consumers` electricity bill,"
CEO of BSES Yamuna Power Ltd Ramesh Narayanan said.
He said tip-offs to BYPL call centre in the last six
months have helped the company unearth power theft to the tune
of around Rs 5 crore in value terms.
"Through this reward scheme, the company wants to
felicitate and thank the honest and socially conscious
consumer. Earlier the company used to give a CFL to these
consumers as a reward," he said.
"We are confident that this reward scheme will further
motivate consumers to report power theft even more
vigorously," he said.
He also said after launch of the Door Step Service (DSS),
the request for new connections have increased in the city.
"The application process for availing new connections has
been simplified. Now, consumers do not need to visit the
company`s office for a new connection. All they have to do is
call 39999808 and opt for the DSS option," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand