BSP leader`s son involved in road accident
New Delhi: The son of a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) nominee in the last Lok Sabha elections in Delhi, rammed his Mercedes into a car in the wee hours Thursday killing a 26-year-old woman, a police official said.
Dinesh Tawar, 26, son of Kanwar Singh Tawar, BSP nominee for the South Delhi constituency in the 2009 elections, was driving a Mercedes, which hit an ambassador taxi at around 3.30 a.m. in an area under R.K. Puram police station, an official said.
The 26-year-old woman was killed on the spot, while the taxi driver was critically injured.
Dinesh has been arrested and investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16