BSP MLA`s wife found murdered in house
New Delhi: Wife of a BSP MLA from Uttar Pradesh was on Wednesday found murdered in her house in North East Delhi with five stab marks and a bullet injury on her chest.
Rehana (40), wife of Bulandshahar MLA Haji Aleem was found murdered this morning in their New Jafrabad residence, police said.
"There were five stab wounds and a bullet injury on the chest of the victim. We have found evidences of a friendly entry in the house and we are investigating the case from all possible angles," Joint Commissioner of police (Eastern Range) Sanjay Beniwal said.
Some items in the house are displaced but it seems that it was intentionally done to mislead the police to think that it is a case of robbery. Two tea cups were also found in the same room, police said.
Rehana was Aleem`s second wife and lived alone in the house. The BSP MLA, who is out of India on Haj pilgrimage mainly lives in Bulandshahar but used to visit Rehana regularly, said locals.
The incident came to light when the victim`s domestic help came in the morning around 9:30 a.M. And spotted the body lying in a pool of blood in the drawing room. She raised an alarm and subsequently police was informed.
Police are suspecting that the killing took place late in the night or early in the morning. A case of murder has been registered at Welcome police station and further investigations are on, police said.
Aleem and his brother Haji Yunus are facing a non-bailable warrant for their alleged involvement in a rape case and child labour at a circus that the two brothers allegedly own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?