BSP MLA`s wife stabbed to death at Delhi home
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a gruesome incident, the wife of Haji Alim, Bahujan Samajwadi Party MLA from Bulandshahar, was stangulated and stabbed to death at their residence in New Jafrabad area here.
Alim is in Mecca on the spiritual journey of the Haj, an Islamic pilgrimage.
Police suspect the killing of Rehana, 40, took place late night or early morning.
Two tea cups were found in a room, indicating the entry into the house was friendly.
"A few things in the house are displaced...," Sanjay Beniwal, joint commissioner of police, told a news agency.
According to a neighbour, Rehana`s domestic help came around 9:30 am and spotted her body lying in a pool of blood in the drawing room. She informed neighbours and police.
Rehana was the second wife of Aleem and was living alone in the house.
Notably, Alim was earlier facing a non-bailable warrant for his involvement in a rape and molestation case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail