BSP MLA`s wife stabbed to death at Delhi home
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a gruesome incident, the wife of Haji Alim, Bahujan Samajwadi Party MLA from Bulandshahar, was stangulated and stabbed to death at their residence in New Jafrabad area here.
Alim is in Mecca on the spiritual journey of the Haj, an Islamic pilgrimage.
Police suspect the killing of Rehana, 40, took place late night or early morning.
Two tea cups were found in a room, indicating the entry into the house was friendly.
"A few things in the house are displaced...," Sanjay Beniwal, joint commissioner of police, told a news agency.
According to a neighbour, Rehana`s domestic help came around 9:30 am and spotted her body lying in a pool of blood in the drawing room. She informed neighbours and police.
Rehana was the second wife of Aleem and was living alone in the house.
Notably, Alim was earlier facing a non-bailable warrant for his involvement in a rape and molestation case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!