BSP MP`s maid died due to `torture` injuries, say reports
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Initial findings of the autopsy conducted on Uttar Pradesh BSP MP Dhananjay Singh’s 35-year-old domestic help Rakhi suggest that she died of injuries caused by physical torture, say reports.
A team of three doctors had on Friday conducted the post-mortem on Rakhi, who was allegedly beaten to death by Dhananjay Singh’s wife Jagriti Singh at the couple’s South Avenue residence in Delhi on Monday morning.
Reports suggest that senior police officials are treading carefully considering the high-profile nature of the case and are choosing to remain tight-lipped about the autopsy.
The final post-mortem report is likely to be out in a couple of days.
Rakhi`s body had burn marks and injuries on the chest, stomach, arms and legs.
Rakhi died allegedly of the torture inflicted on her by Jagriti, while another maid Meena had been severely injured and is at present undergoing treatment at RML Hospital in New Delhi, police said.
In the meantime, police are looking for a person, Dev Kumar, who brought Rakhi and Meena to New Delhi from West Bengal`s North 24 Parganas district around a year ago.
Dhananjay, who represents Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh and his wife Jagriti, a senior dental surgeon at the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, were arrested on Tuesday for torturing Rakhi to death and beating Rampal and Meena (48).
Dhananjay has been booked for destruction of evidence and violating the provisions of the Juvenile Justice Act. His wife Jagriti Singh has been booked for murder, attempt to murder and violating Juvenile Justice Act.
The police received information from the MP`s flat number 175, South Avenue in the New Delhi area on Monday night, informing them about Rakhi`s death, who died on Monday morning.
According to police, on Sunday night Jagriti beat Rakhi and Rampal over a petty issue with an iron rod and sticks. She also used iron press and horns of a dead animal while beating them. Both of them received grievous injuries on their body parts.
Jagriti is the second wife of Dhananjay, whose first wife committed suicide in 2007, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE