BSP MP’s wife arrested after domestic help`s death
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BSP MP Dhananjay Singh’s wife, Jagriti Singh, was held and an FIR was filed against her in connection with the death of the domestic help at the family`s South Avenue residence on Tuesday.
The police received a call from the servant`s quarter of house number 175, South Avenue in south Delhi Monday night informing them about Rakhi`s death.
"One of the other servants, Rampal, told us that Rakhi had died. He said that the accused (Jagriti Singh) used to beat and torture her (Rakhi)," said a police officer.
Rampal also said the beatings had been going on for a few days and Rakhi finally succumbed to her injuries Tuesday morning.
"We have detained her (Jagriti Singh) for questioning," added the officer.
As per reports, she was allegedly tortured for past 10 months and forced to live in inhuman conditions.
The deceased was found with bruises on her head, stomach and all over her body.
Post-mortem report is awaited to ascertain the cause of her death.
Dhananjay Singh is the sitting Member of Parliament from Uttar Pradesh’s Jaunpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan