BSP MP’s wife arrested after domestic help`s death
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BSP MP Dhananjay Singh’s wife, Jagriti Singh, was held and an FIR was filed against her in connection with the death of the domestic help at the family`s South Avenue residence on Tuesday.
The police received a call from the servant`s quarter of house number 175, South Avenue in south Delhi Monday night informing them about Rakhi`s death.
"One of the other servants, Rampal, told us that Rakhi had died. He said that the accused (Jagriti Singh) used to beat and torture her (Rakhi)," said a police officer.
Rampal also said the beatings had been going on for a few days and Rakhi finally succumbed to her injuries Tuesday morning.
"We have detained her (Jagriti Singh) for questioning," added the officer.
As per reports, she was allegedly tortured for past 10 months and forced to live in inhuman conditions.
The deceased was found with bruises on her head, stomach and all over her body.
Post-mortem report is awaited to ascertain the cause of her death.
Dhananjay Singh is the sitting Member of Parliament from Uttar Pradesh’s Jaunpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands