BSP MP’s wife arrested after domestic help`s death
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BSP MP Dhananjay Singh’s wife, Jagriti Singh, was held and an FIR was filed against her in connection with the death of the domestic help at the family`s South Avenue residence on Tuesday.
The police received a call from the servant`s quarter of house number 175, South Avenue in south Delhi Monday night informing them about Rakhi`s death.
"One of the other servants, Rampal, told us that Rakhi had died. He said that the accused (Jagriti Singh) used to beat and torture her (Rakhi)," said a police officer.
Rampal also said the beatings had been going on for a few days and Rakhi finally succumbed to her injuries Tuesday morning.
"We have detained her (Jagriti Singh) for questioning," added the officer.
As per reports, she was allegedly tortured for past 10 months and forced to live in inhuman conditions.
The deceased was found with bruises on her head, stomach and all over her body.
Post-mortem report is awaited to ascertain the cause of her death.
Dhananjay Singh is the sitting Member of Parliament from Uttar Pradesh’s Jaunpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?