BSP MP’s wife arrested after domestic help`s death
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BSP MP Dhananjay Singh’s wife, Jagriti Singh, was held and an FIR was filed against her in connection with the death of the domestic help at the family`s South Avenue residence on Tuesday.
The police received a call from the servant`s quarter of house number 175, South Avenue in south Delhi Monday night informing them about Rakhi`s death.
"One of the other servants, Rampal, told us that Rakhi had died. He said that the accused (Jagriti Singh) used to beat and torture her (Rakhi)," said a police officer.
Rampal also said the beatings had been going on for a few days and Rakhi finally succumbed to her injuries Tuesday morning.
"We have detained her (Jagriti Singh) for questioning," added the officer.
As per reports, she was allegedly tortured for past 10 months and forced to live in inhuman conditions.
The deceased was found with bruises on her head, stomach and all over her body.
Post-mortem report is awaited to ascertain the cause of her death.
Dhananjay Singh is the sitting Member of Parliament from Uttar Pradesh’s Jaunpur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India