BSP MP’s wife arrested after domestic help`s death
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BSP MP Dhananjay Singh’s wife, Jagriti Singh, was held and an FIR was filed against her in connection with the death of the domestic help at the family`s South Avenue residence on Tuesday.
The police received a call from the servant`s quarter of house number 175, South Avenue in south Delhi Monday night informing them about Rakhi`s death.
"One of the other servants, Rampal, told us that Rakhi had died. He said that the accused (Jagriti Singh) used to beat and torture her (Rakhi)," said a police officer.
Rampal also said the beatings had been going on for a few days and Rakhi finally succumbed to her injuries Tuesday morning.
"We have detained her (Jagriti Singh) for questioning," added the officer.
As per reports, she was allegedly tortured for past 10 months and forced to live in inhuman conditions.
The deceased was found with bruises on her head, stomach and all over her body.
Post-mortem report is awaited to ascertain the cause of her death.
Dhananjay Singh is the sitting Member of Parliament from Uttar Pradesh’s Jaunpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes