BSP MP`s wife Jagriti made me eat without using hands: Maid
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MP Dhananjay Singh`s wife was arrested for torturing her maid Rakhi Bhadra (35) to death and beating another minor servant Rampal (17), police on Wednesday tracked down another alleged victim of Jagriti.
Meena Sardar (48) was immediately rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital with burns and other injuries when police tracked her down from the house of the MP`s brother-in-law.
According to police, the couple sent Meena to another place just before the police arrived on Monday night after Rakhi’s death in a bid to remove evidence.
However, Meena was traced on Wednesday. After admitting Meena, who hails from West Bengal, to the hospital, New Delhi`s deputy commissioner of police SPS Tyagi said: "She had marks of iron press on her buttocks and injuries all over her body and head. We found her in a disoriented state. She could not sit or walk."
The domestic help has alleged that Jagriti served food on floor and forced her to eat it without using her hand.
Meena has been working at Jagriti`s 175 South Avenue flat in Chanakyapuri since November 2012.
On Wednesday, a police officer told a news agency that Jagriti is a psychiatric patient. “Jagriti Sigh, 35, the second wife of Dhananjay Singh, has been getting medical treatment from a psychiatrist in Delhi for several years,” the police officer said.
“Dhananjay had also filed divorce papers in a district court here in June this year on the ground of his wife’s mental condition,” said the officer.
Dhananjay, who represents Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh, was nabbed for destroying evidence and violating the provisions of the Juvenile Justice Act.
During interrogation, police came to know that the maid was employed at the MP’s house for nine months while the boy servant was working for an year. According to the complaint given to the police, Rampal said he and the other maids did everything in the house from cleaning of clothes to taking care of a child. Rampal said he would get money from his mother but never got any salary from the employer.
On April 01, Jagriti’s guest Renu came for lunch. She asked Rakhi to cook “besan chilla”, and when this was not done by the time she returned, she beat Rakhi with a broom and then cut her hair with a blade. “She used to give us deadline for work. And when we missed that, she used to beat us,” said Rampal.
Rampal said Jagriti installed CCTV cameras in the bedroom and bathroom as well. He also said that Dhananjay ignored their complaints whenever they told about the beatings. He even beat them himself on two occasions.
Police said considering the gravity of the case, they have sought permission of the government that a panel of doctors conduct the post-mortem examination of the maid.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani