BSP, RJD MLAs, Daler Mehndi to join Congress
New Delhi: In a boost to Congress, two sitting MLAs from BSP and RJD, and popular Punjabi singer Daler Mehndi have decided to join the party ahead of the upcoming assembly elections.
Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee president J P Aggarwal said RJD MLA from Okhla constituency Asif Mohammad Khan, BSP MLA representing Badarpur seat Ram Singh Netaji and Mehndi will join Congress soon.
Former MLA Ramvir Singh Bidhuri, who had won elections from Badarpur constituency in 1993 and 2003, and former BJP councillor V K Monga will also join Congress.
Aggarwal said party leadership has given green signal to take Khan, Netaji, Bidhuri, Monga and Mehndi into the Congress fold.
"They had expressed their desire to join the Congress party which has been accepted by the party," said Aggarwal.
Bidhuri and Netaji were with Congress earlier and had quit.
Congress sources said both the sitting MLAs will be given ticket from their respective constituency.
They said the both Khan and Netaji are being brought to Congress though local party leaders had opposed it.
Sources said though Bidhuri had expressed desire to contest from Badarpur, he is likely to be offered the Tughlaqabad seat.
They said Mehndi is also likely to get a ticket from a Sikh dominated constituency.
Monga, has a strong support base in Krishna Nagar area in East Delhi. He is also likely to be offered a ticket for the assembly polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know