BSP, SP leaders join BJP
New Delhi: Delhi BJP got a shot in the arm ahead of upcoming Assembly elections as several Other Backward Class (OBC) leaders from BSP and Samajwadi Party joined the party on Thursday.
The former general secretary of BSP`s Delhi unit and OBC leader Suman Saini, SP leader Krishna Kant Singh along with some other workers joined BJP in the presence of party in charge of Delhi election Nitin Gadkari and other senior party leaders.
Welcoming Saini and Singh, Gadkari said, "Those who are joining the party should not think that they would remain the workers."
He said, "Unlike Congress, which is the party of mother and son, SP which is of father and son and BSP in which Mayawati is everything, BJP is the party of workers."
"Those joining are the owners of the party. As I, who started as a worker in the party, got the opportunity to become its president," Gadkari told the party workers.
Attacking Congress for playing the "vote bank politics", he said, "Congress is trying to instill fear among the Muslims about Narendra Modi and BJP. More riots are taking place in Maharastra and Uttar Pradesh than in Gujarat. Can anyone say that Muslims are facing any problem in Modi`s Gujarat?"
Saying that riots were "unfortunate", Gadkari alleged that communal riots were being staged for "vote bank politics.
He said BJP doesn`t favours politics based on caste, creed, religion and language and everyone would get equal opportunity for development.
Gadkari said that "BJP is against the terrorists and terrorism but not against the minority community".
He said it was Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA government that made APJ Abdul Kalam the President of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves