Builder arrested raping daughter-in-law
New Delhi: A 54-year-old builder was arrested on Thursday after his his daughter-in-law accused him of raping her, police said.
The 22-year-old woman, married to Amit, son of Sathish Sharma, owner Ashiana builders, alleged that Sathish had taken her to a flat in a village on the pretext of showing the flat and raped her there, police said.
Sharma had threatened her not to reveal the incident to anyone, police said quoting the woman`s complaint which she filed at south east Delhi`s Pulprahladpur police station.
"The victim was married to Sharma`s son Amit in February last year.
She also accused her in-laws of harassing her for dowry.
"Following the complaint, we filed an FIR for rape and dowry harassment under Indian Penal Code and Dowry Prohibition Act and Sharma was arrested today," a senior police official said.
He was produced before a court and was sent to judicial custody, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II