Building collapses in Delhi; 1 killed, 15 injured
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A four-storey building collapsed in the national capital on Saturday, killing at least one person and injuring as many as 15 others.
While the injured were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment, there are reports of more people still being trapped under the debris.
According to reports, the building collapsed in the Jafrabad area of northeast Delhi at around 2 am. Reportedly, the owner of the building had noticed few cracks in the building, following which the MCD had declared it unsafe.
"The victims were labourers. They were engaged in the building`s demolition when it collapsed. Fifteen labourers were rescued from the site, while one man named Furkan died," a police official added.
The incident took place when workers were trying to demolish the building. The rescue operations are on.
"Twelve fire ambulances rushed to the spot on receiving a distress call. All the victims were evacuated from the building, which occupied a 300 square yard area," a fire official said.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'