Building collapses in Delhi; 1 killed, 15 injured
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A four-storey building collapsed in the national capital on Saturday, killing at least one person and injuring as many as 15 others.
While the injured were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment, there are reports of more people still being trapped under the debris.
According to reports, the building collapsed in the Jafrabad area of northeast Delhi at around 2 am. Reportedly, the owner of the building had noticed few cracks in the building, following which the MCD had declared it unsafe.
"The victims were labourers. They were engaged in the building`s demolition when it collapsed. Fifteen labourers were rescued from the site, while one man named Furkan died," a police official added.
The incident took place when workers were trying to demolish the building. The rescue operations are on.
"Twelve fire ambulances rushed to the spot on receiving a distress call. All the victims were evacuated from the building, which occupied a 300 square yard area," a fire official said.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt