Businessman fined for `dangerously` overtaking Robert Vadra`s car
New Delhi: A local businessman was on Thursday penalised for rash driving after he "dangerously" swirled past the car of Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi here.
According to police sources, the incident took place in the jurisdiction of Amar Colony Police Station in South-East Delhi when Vadra was coming from Okhla in his car.
The businessman, Saurabh Rastogi, who is a resident of Pashchim Vihar area, was coming from Lajpat Nagar and was going to Moti Mills in his Maruti Ritz car.
"When Rastogi dangerously overtook Vadra`s car. The security personnel traveling with Vadra informed traffic police who in turn alerted local police and the errant driver was intercepted," said a senior police official on condition of anonymity.
Rastogi was challaned under section 184 of the Motor Vehicle Act and allowed to leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi