Businessman robbed of Rs 5 lakh outside bank in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 38-year-old businessman was robbed of Rs 5 lakh by two unidentified persons in Siyani Gate area on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
The incident occurred when Rakesh Kumar Agarwal, who deals in building materials, along with his accountant Sushil Kumar were going towards his car after withdrawing money from a private bank located on Ambedkar Road in Siyani Gate area around 1 pm, they said.
"Two-bike born assailants, who had their helmets on, snatched the bag from Sushil`s hands, which contained Rs 5 lakh and fled from the spot," a senior police officer said.
A case has been registered against two unknown persons on a complaint filed by Agarwal in Siyani Gate police station.
Police is interrogating Agarwal`s friends, accountant, and relatives in connection with the case and the two accused would be nabbed soon, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan