Businessman robbed of Rs six crore in Lajpat Nagar
New Delhi: In a sensational daylight robbery, armed men robbed a businessman of more than Rs six crore at gunpoint in Lajpat Nagar area of South Delhi when he was on his way to deposit the money in a bank.
Police said the robbery took place at around 9 AM near Lajpat Nagar Metro Station when the property dealer was on his way to Karol Bagh in a car to deposit cash in a bank.
"The property dealer told us that he was carrying over Rs six crore in his car," a police official said.
When the property dealer reached a point near Lajpat Nagar Metro Station, the armed men, who were in a car, intercepted his vehicle, trained guns at him and asked him to alight from his car, police sources said.
The robbers then fled from the scene in the property dealer`s car carrying the cash, leaving their vehicle at the spot.
The victim then reached Lajpat Nagar Police station and reported the incident. Police found that the car which was abandoned by the robbers was a stolen one.
Police is checking the CCTV footage of the area to identify the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Complete list of Men in Blue's 16-man squad
- IPL 2016: Kieron Pollard expresses shock over Dwayne Bravo's fine, calls it 'ridiculous'
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!
- Salman Khan flexes his muscles in new 'Sultan' still! See pic
- Answering machine, chats on QR code coming soon on WhatsApp!