Businessman robbed of Rs.22 lakh at gunpoint
New Delhi: A 52-year-old businessman was robbed of Rs.22 lakh by motorcycle-borne assailants who hit him with helmet and threatened him with a gun in south Delhi, police said Saturday.
"The incident was reported 9.30 p.m. Friday, while businessman Kamal Chandra, owner of a money exchange shop in South Extension Part II, was all set to leave his office," a police official said.
Chandra was walking towards his car when the assailants struck, police said.
The victim received head injuries, as one of the attackers hit him with a helmet when he resisted the robbery. Although the assailants carried a gun, they used it only to threaten the businessman, police said.
Police admitted Chandra to the AIIMS Trauma Centre, where he is under treatment.
Police said CCTV footage from the area has captured the incident.
"The footage we have received shows a man engaged in reconnaissance of the market. It also shows one person waiting on the bike," a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'