Businessman robbed of Rs.22 lakh at gunpoint
New Delhi: A 52-year-old businessman was robbed of Rs.22 lakh by motorcycle-borne assailants who hit him with helmet and threatened him with a gun in south Delhi, police said Saturday.
"The incident was reported 9.30 p.m. Friday, while businessman Kamal Chandra, owner of a money exchange shop in South Extension Part II, was all set to leave his office," a police official said.
Chandra was walking towards his car when the assailants struck, police said.
The victim received head injuries, as one of the attackers hit him with a helmet when he resisted the robbery. Although the assailants carried a gun, they used it only to threaten the businessman, police said.
Police admitted Chandra to the AIIMS Trauma Centre, where he is under treatment.
Police said CCTV footage from the area has captured the incident.
"The footage we have received shows a man engaged in reconnaissance of the market. It also shows one person waiting on the bike," a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried