Businessman shot at in Delhi market
New Delhi: A 39-year-old businessman was shot at in a crowded market here by unidentified men riding a motorcycle Monday morning, police said. He was immediately taken to a hospital where his condition is stated to be critical.
According to police, four to five rounds were fired at Jitender Singh, a resident of west Delhi`s Rajouri Garden, outside his office in the Tilak Nagar area around 9.30 a.m.
The attackers immediately fled the spot.
"Prima facie it seems to be a case of personal enmity. Jitender`s neighbours, friends, business friends and family members are being questioned," a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert