Businessman shot dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A 35-year-old businessman was allegedly shot dead by a friend Tuesday afternoon following an argument between the two, police said.
The incident took place in South-East Delhi`s Sangam Vihar area when Jha and one Shashi Kant had come to Praveen`s clinic.
At around 3 pm, Sanjay Kumar Jha, who dealt in readymade garments, and Praveen had an argument which soon turned ugly. Praveen whipped out a country-made pistol and fired at Sanjay`s chest. The victim collapsed on the floor, after which Praveen fled, said a police official.
Hearing the gunshot, locals caught hold of Shashi Kant and handed him over to the police. Sanjay was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival.
A case of murder has been registered at the Sangam Vihar police station and a manhunt launched for Praveen.
Investigators are questioning Shashi Kant to ascertain what had prompted Praveen to open fire at Sanjay, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised