Businessman shot dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A 35-year-old businessman was allegedly shot dead by a friend Tuesday afternoon following an argument between the two, police said.
The incident took place in South-East Delhi`s Sangam Vihar area when Jha and one Shashi Kant had come to Praveen`s clinic.
At around 3 pm, Sanjay Kumar Jha, who dealt in readymade garments, and Praveen had an argument which soon turned ugly. Praveen whipped out a country-made pistol and fired at Sanjay`s chest. The victim collapsed on the floor, after which Praveen fled, said a police official.
Hearing the gunshot, locals caught hold of Shashi Kant and handed him over to the police. Sanjay was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival.
A case of murder has been registered at the Sangam Vihar police station and a manhunt launched for Praveen.
Investigators are questioning Shashi Kant to ascertain what had prompted Praveen to open fire at Sanjay, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir