Cabbie rapes girl student, 2 brothers for a year
New Delhi: A driver allegedly raped a young girl and sodomised her two younger brothers for the past one-and-a-half years in the national capital, police said on Friday.
The 12-year-old girl, a class VII student, was also raped allegedly by the driver`s three friends, who are minors. Her brothers who were sodomised were studying in Class III and Class V.
The victims were to be ferried from their residence in central Delhi`s Prasad Nagar to two prominent schools in a private cab but the driver Lalit (22) allegedly used to take them to a house of another student in Bapa Nagar.
The student`s parents were not there when the sexual exploitations took place. Lalit allegedly used to drug them and then sexually assault them. He was arrested this afternoon following the registration of a case, a senior police official said.
"He threatened to kill their mother if they disclosed the harassment. The children were so scared that they did not inform anyone. But around 25 days ago, the girl told her mother about it," the official said. The mother also did not muster courage to approach police. "She did not send her children to school after she came to know about the incident," the official said.
It is also believed that the driver had allegedly made some MMS clips. However, police did not confirm this. The incident came to light when one of her tenants came to know about the matter and informed a local politician who is his friend.
The politician took the children to the police after which a medical examination was conducted which confirmed the sexual assault. Following this, police nabbed Lalit but the minors were yet to be apprehended. The victims` father had died sometime ago and the family`s only income was the money they receive from five-six rooms they have rented out. The children got admission to two prominent schools as they were from economically backward quota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire