Cabbie rapes girl student, 2 brothers for a year
New Delhi: A driver allegedly raped a young girl and sodomised her two younger brothers for the past one-and-a-half years in the national capital, police said on Friday.
The 12-year-old girl, a class VII student, was also raped allegedly by the driver`s three friends, who are minors. Her brothers who were sodomised were studying in Class III and Class V.
The victims were to be ferried from their residence in central Delhi`s Prasad Nagar to two prominent schools in a private cab but the driver Lalit (22) allegedly used to take them to a house of another student in Bapa Nagar.
The student`s parents were not there when the sexual exploitations took place. Lalit allegedly used to drug them and then sexually assault them. He was arrested this afternoon following the registration of a case, a senior police official said.
"He threatened to kill their mother if they disclosed the harassment. The children were so scared that they did not inform anyone. But around 25 days ago, the girl told her mother about it," the official said. The mother also did not muster courage to approach police. "She did not send her children to school after she came to know about the incident," the official said.
It is also believed that the driver had allegedly made some MMS clips. However, police did not confirm this. The incident came to light when one of her tenants came to know about the matter and informed a local politician who is his friend.
The politician took the children to the police after which a medical examination was conducted which confirmed the sexual assault. Following this, police nabbed Lalit but the minors were yet to be apprehended. The victims` father had died sometime ago and the family`s only income was the money they receive from five-six rooms they have rented out. The children got admission to two prominent schools as they were from economically backward quota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'