Cabinet to take up Delhi Jan Lokpal Bill today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Cabinet will on Friday take up the Delhi Jan Lokpal Bill, more than a month after Arvind Kejriwal was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Delhi.
On Thursday, PTI quoted Kejriwal as saying: "The Delhi Jan Lokpal Bill will most probably be taken up by Cabinet tomorrow (Friday), and it should be passed by the Assembly in 10 to 15 days."
Claiming that corruption has considerably reduced, Kejriwal also said that AAP volunteers have been visiting various government departments to check corruption.
"Corruption is very important for us. We had taken out a scheme, saying `if anyone bribes you, please do inform us`. This scheme is working. I have visited offices and people are saying that now their work is getting done without bribing. Corruption, bribing has reduced across many departments," he said.
"Our volunteers visited different departments, and except VAT other departments have reduced corruption. We would also urge for an independent survey to check the level of corruption after this scheme," he added.
Referring to his demand for a probe by a Special Investigation Team (SIT) into the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, Kejriwal said, "Sikh community has been demanding an investigation into the 1984 riots. I spoke to the LG, and he gave a very positive response. We will place this issue in front of the Cabinet, and if the Cabinet passes this, then it will go for LG`s approval."
He further said that a committee has been made that will comprehensively work for women security.
"Retired home guards, army personnel to form part of this committee. It is not a parallel police force. They will be at your beck and call," he added.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire