Campaign against drunken driving launched in Delhi
New Delhi: A campaign aimed especially at youth was launched here on Thursday in a move to spread awareness about the perils of drunken driving, particularly in this festive season.
"Booze it. Lose it" was launched by NGO Campaign Against Drunken Driving (CADD) and will culminate on January 07, 2013 as part of the National Road Safety Week.
"The festive season is considered to be the most dangerous time when it comes to drunken driving accidents...We want to promote the message of `don`t drink and drive`, Prince Singhal, founder of CADD said.
"People in the age group of 15 to 50 years will be targeted, right from school students to pub goers," he added.
According to Singhal, every year nearly 1.4 lakh people are killed on Indian roads and of these over a lakh accidents are caused by drunken driving. On New Year`s Eve, the rate of accidents increases by about 25 percent.
As part of the campaign, a one minute film titled "None for the Road" and an awareness song -- "stay alive, don`t drink and drive" -- will be played across 500 pubs in the country and public places. The song can also be downloaded free online.
Further, community walks, youth cycle rally in the north and south campus would also be organised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE