Campaign against drunken driving launched in Delhi
New Delhi: A campaign aimed especially at youth was launched here on Thursday in a move to spread awareness about the perils of drunken driving, particularly in this festive season.
"Booze it. Lose it" was launched by NGO Campaign Against Drunken Driving (CADD) and will culminate on January 07, 2013 as part of the National Road Safety Week.
"The festive season is considered to be the most dangerous time when it comes to drunken driving accidents...We want to promote the message of `don`t drink and drive`, Prince Singhal, founder of CADD said.
"People in the age group of 15 to 50 years will be targeted, right from school students to pub goers," he added.
According to Singhal, every year nearly 1.4 lakh people are killed on Indian roads and of these over a lakh accidents are caused by drunken driving. On New Year`s Eve, the rate of accidents increases by about 25 percent.
As part of the campaign, a one minute film titled "None for the Road" and an awareness song -- "stay alive, don`t drink and drive" -- will be played across 500 pubs in the country and public places. The song can also be downloaded free online.
Further, community walks, youth cycle rally in the north and south campus would also be organised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: MSBSHSE Class 12th XII Exam Results 2016 to be declared today on hscresult.mkcl.org - how to check
- Civilian shot dead in J&K's Kupwara
- Donald Trump wins Washington state Republican primary
- Sexism row: Rajiv Shukla to take up Chris Gayle's issue with BCCI, RCB management
- Picture blast! 'Housefull3' gang gate-crashed Asin's house at midnight