Cancer survivors show creative side
New Delhi: They showed their resilience by fighting cancer and on Friday it was their turn to show their creative side.
Four children in the age group of nine to seventeen, all of whom who underwent the pain and fought cancer, participated in a drawing competition organised by Delhi Metro today.
These kids were not alone, there were another 40 children from various NGOs who were either underprivileged or malnourished.
Rani Jha, a Class XII student at a private school and supported by CanKids, was one of the cancer-surviving participants who flaunted her creative side by picturising the operations of Delhi Metro.
"I drew and painted a running Metro train at a station and the near-by areas. I see this as a good opportunity to expose my talent to the outside world. Tell everyone that we can also do," she said.
Her friend at the CanKids and another cancer-survivor Ghazala mirrored Jha`s views, saying this was a chance for such people to show their talent.
"We fought cancer with the help of good people. We have talent as well and we showed it today," she said.
Delhi Metro organises such competitions every now and then as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility.
In today`s competition, Tarana, a Class IX student of Govt Higher Secondary School at Ambedkar Nagar, emerged the winner by her drawing of a Metro station.
All children were given certificates and goodies by Veerbala, the wife of Delhi Metro chief Mangu Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!