Cancer survivors show creative side
New Delhi: They showed their resilience by fighting cancer and on Friday it was their turn to show their creative side.
Four children in the age group of nine to seventeen, all of whom who underwent the pain and fought cancer, participated in a drawing competition organised by Delhi Metro today.
These kids were not alone, there were another 40 children from various NGOs who were either underprivileged or malnourished.
Rani Jha, a Class XII student at a private school and supported by CanKids, was one of the cancer-surviving participants who flaunted her creative side by picturising the operations of Delhi Metro.
"I drew and painted a running Metro train at a station and the near-by areas. I see this as a good opportunity to expose my talent to the outside world. Tell everyone that we can also do," she said.
Her friend at the CanKids and another cancer-survivor Ghazala mirrored Jha`s views, saying this was a chance for such people to show their talent.
"We fought cancer with the help of good people. We have talent as well and we showed it today," she said.
Delhi Metro organises such competitions every now and then as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility.
In today`s competition, Tarana, a Class IX student of Govt Higher Secondary School at Ambedkar Nagar, emerged the winner by her drawing of a Metro station.
All children were given certificates and goodies by Veerbala, the wife of Delhi Metro chief Mangu Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday