Candlelight vigil held for Delhi gang-rape victim at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: A number of people gathered in Jantar Mantar here on Wednesday evening for a candlelight vigil to mark one month of the gruesome gang-rape and assault of a 23-year-old paramedic student in the national capital.
People holding lit candles marched towards Parliament Street but were prevented from moving beyond Jantar Mantar.
Activist Kiran Bedi was also present at the function.
She said there is a need for citizen-social audit of systems. "Through this, I mean annual performance check of local police station and court by a team of system experts," she said.
Protesters said they are holding a peaceful protest which will continue till there is justice for the victim who is no more.
The girl was gang-raped and assaulted by six men in a moving bus on December 16. She later passed away in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video