Candlelight vigil held for Delhi gang-rape victim at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: A number of people gathered in Jantar Mantar here on Wednesday evening for a candlelight vigil to mark one month of the gruesome gang-rape and assault of a 23-year-old paramedic student in the national capital.
People holding lit candles marched towards Parliament Street but were prevented from moving beyond Jantar Mantar.
Activist Kiran Bedi was also present at the function.
She said there is a need for citizen-social audit of systems. "Through this, I mean annual performance check of local police station and court by a team of system experts," she said.
Protesters said they are holding a peaceful protest which will continue till there is justice for the victim who is no more.
The girl was gang-raped and assaulted by six men in a moving bus on December 16. She later passed away in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments