Candlelight vigil held for Delhi gang-rape victim at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: A number of people gathered in Jantar Mantar here on Wednesday evening for a candlelight vigil to mark one month of the gruesome gang-rape and assault of a 23-year-old paramedic student in the national capital.
People holding lit candles marched towards Parliament Street but were prevented from moving beyond Jantar Mantar.
Activist Kiran Bedi was also present at the function.
She said there is a need for citizen-social audit of systems. "Through this, I mean annual performance check of local police station and court by a team of system experts," she said.
Protesters said they are holding a peaceful protest which will continue till there is justice for the victim who is no more.
The girl was gang-raped and assaulted by six men in a moving bus on December 16. She later passed away in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal