Can`t deprive anyone of sunshine, breeze: Court
New Delhi: Upholding the primacy of one`s
right to access natural light and fresh air, a Delhi court has
ordered a woman to demolish a newly raised wall, blocking a
sole window in her neighbour`s house.
"It is a settled law that the easementary rights cannot
be deprived of, if a person has no other access to that right.
Apart from this window there is no other source of light and
air to the room of the plaintiff which he is enjoying since
almost 20 years," said senior civil judge Amit Kumar, while
ordering the petitioner`s neighbour to raze the wall in a
The court`s order came on a suit by Central Delhi
resident Bhore Ram seeking demolition of a wall, raised by his
immediate neighbour Kalawati, blocking the only window on the
ground floor of his house.
He told the court that his window opens up in an open
area between their houses with neighbour Kalawati using the
space to enter her house.
Ram said that the window was essential for fresh air and
natural light that he is enjoying for since 1992, when he had
purchased the house.
Kalawati had raised a wall in 2007 blocking the window on
the ground floor and she further intends to raise the wall
thereby blocking the only window on the first floor,
the plaintiff said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark