Car blast: Police opposes survey of envoy`s car
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday opposed a plea for allowing inspection by the insurer of the Israeli diplomat`s car, subjected to the February 13 bombing, saying the same cannot be allowed as the case has international ramifications.
The police told Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav that the release of the vehicle or its survey for assessment of the damage caused to it to claim insurance cannot be allowed.
The police made the submissions, opposing the application by Alon Yehoshua, the husband of Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua, who had been injured in the February 13 attack.
Yehoshua had moved the court seeking the release of the damaged car and permission for assessment of damage caused to it to claim insurance amount. He had also sought a copy of FIR, saying it was a must for getting the vehicle inspected by an authorised Toyota workshop for preparing the repairing estimates.
The police, however, maintained that it cannot give the copy of the FIR considering the sensitivity of the matter.
Earlier, Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the incident, had opposed the release of the damaged vehicle or permission for its survey saying it would amount to "tampering of a vital evidence."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says