Car stuck on tracks delays train services in Delhi
New Delhi: Train services in the city were disrupted for over an hour today when a car got stuck on the rail tracks between Dayabasti and Shakurbasti stations.
The incident delayed the movement of Chennai-Jammu Tawi Express which stopped at Dayabasti railway station from 12.52 am to 2.28 am, said a railway official, adding a goods train was also stopped.
The official said the incident could have been major had not the Railways been informed by an alert staff.
He said the incident happened around 12.45 am when a Tata Safari car got stuck on the tracks due to the "carelessness of the car driver".
The car was removed from the tracks at 2.10 am. The driver of the car has been arrested and sent to judicial custody.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards