Case against a DGCA employee
New Delhi:A case has been registered against a DGCA employee for misusing norms for official air travel for personal purposes, Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh said during the Question Hour that a case of misuse of Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC) has been detected against a DGCA employee, who has since been placed under suspension and an FIR has been filed against him. Besides, major penalty proceedings have been initiated.
The AIC permits officers of DGCA to avail of official air travel for the purpose of ensuring safety of aircraft operations through enroute examination and inspection of the work of a flight crew member.
It also provides for inspection of maintenance facilities at enroute/terminal stations and inspection of operation of an aircraft and its equipment.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on