Case against a DGCA employee
New Delhi:A case has been registered against a DGCA employee for misusing norms for official air travel for personal purposes, Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh said during the Question Hour that a case of misuse of Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC) has been detected against a DGCA employee, who has since been placed under suspension and an FIR has been filed against him. Besides, major penalty proceedings have been initiated.
The AIC permits officers of DGCA to avail of official air travel for the purpose of ensuring safety of aircraft operations through enroute examination and inspection of the work of a flight crew member.
It also provides for inspection of maintenance facilities at enroute/terminal stations and inspection of operation of an aircraft and its equipment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love