Case against a DGCA employee
New Delhi:A case has been registered against a DGCA employee for misusing norms for official air travel for personal purposes, Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh said during the Question Hour that a case of misuse of Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC) has been detected against a DGCA employee, who has since been placed under suspension and an FIR has been filed against him. Besides, major penalty proceedings have been initiated.
The AIC permits officers of DGCA to avail of official air travel for the purpose of ensuring safety of aircraft operations through enroute examination and inspection of the work of a flight crew member.
It also provides for inspection of maintenance facilities at enroute/terminal stations and inspection of operation of an aircraft and its equipment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO