Case against a DGCA employee
New Delhi:A case has been registered against a DGCA employee for misusing norms for official air travel for personal purposes, Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh said during the Question Hour that a case of misuse of Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC) has been detected against a DGCA employee, who has since been placed under suspension and an FIR has been filed against him. Besides, major penalty proceedings have been initiated.
The AIC permits officers of DGCA to avail of official air travel for the purpose of ensuring safety of aircraft operations through enroute examination and inspection of the work of a flight crew member.
It also provides for inspection of maintenance facilities at enroute/terminal stations and inspection of operation of an aircraft and its equipment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?