Cash-for-vote: `Hindustani main conspirator`
New Delhi: Alleged BJP activist Suhail Hindustani is the "main conspirator" in the cash-for-vote scam
in which attempts were made to bribe MPs ahead of the trust
vote in 2008, Delhi Police today told a court here.
"From investigation conducted till date, it has come on
record that he (Hindustani) is the main conspirator of this
cash-for-vote episode," the charge sheet said.
"It is clear from the evidence on record that he was the
first person who, on July 20, 2008, was found naming the so
called list of BJP MPs whose votes on motion of confidence
could be influenced for monetary consideration," the crime
branch said in the charge sheet filed before special judge
Sangita Dhingra Sehgal.
"On July 21, 2008, Hindustani himself contacted Kulkarni
around 11.30 am and thereafter Kulkarni joined him and
masterminded and planned further strategy and Kulkarni
contacted the said BJP MPs," it said.
According to the charge sheet, "in the evening of July 21,
2008, a meeting was held between Kulkarni and Hindustani and
the three BJP MPs -- Ashok Argal, Faggan Singh Kulaste and
Mahabir Singh Bhagora-- in which a criminal conspiracy was
hatched to contact the leaders of Congress and Samajwadi
Party.... As part of their strategy, a private news channel
was roped in."
Hindustani, in his bail application, had claimed that it
was top Congress and Samajwadi Party leaders who were involved
in the alleged offence.
"The material available with the investigating agency
clearly suggest and disclose the fact that persons who are
members and associated with Samajwadi Party and ruling
Congress party, namely, Amar Singh, Revati Raman Singh and
Ahmad Patel were behind the institution of alleged
offence/crime," he had said in his application.
Hindustani was arrested on July 20 and is presently in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH