Cash-for-vote scam: Court pulls up Delhi Police
New Delhi: A local court conducting the proceedings in the 2008 cash-for-vote scam case today pulled up Delhi Police for the delay in supplying the transcript of the CD of the sting to the accused persons.
Special judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal questioned the police for delay in handing over the copy of the transcript to the accused and directed them to supply it by May 8.
The police, however, today supplied a copy of the CD to the accused present in the court.
Meanwhile, former BJP MP and co-accused Faggan Singh Kulaste accused police of flouting the directions of the Supreme Court to trace the source of money used to allegedly bribe some parliamentarians ahead of the 2008 confidence vote in Lok Sabha.
The apex court had last year directed the agency to trace the source of money while refusing to monitor the probe.
"It is unfortunate that Delhi Police has chosen to stop further investigation to find complete trail of money or the real beneficiaries and have failed in their public duty in spite of clear directions of the Supreme Court," Kulaste`s counsel Anil Soni said in an application moved before the court.
He also alleged that the police "has chosen not to probe or reveal the call details of S P Gupta, Aman Arora and Lovely Singh although co-accused Sohail Hindustani has categorically stated that they were instrumental in introducing/ conversing with senior leaders of the Congress (especially Ahmed Patel) to make a deal to pay BJP `venerable` MPs to vote in favour of the UPA".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened