Cash van loses Rs 60 lakh in Delhi
New Delhi: At least Rs.60 lakh went missing from a cash van collecting money from liquor shops here on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
The incident was reported in Karol Bagh in central Delhi. The van belonged to the ECS cash collection company.
"While two employees went to collect cash from a liquor shop, the guard and the driver went to drink water. They forgot to lock the van," a police officer said.
"When they returned, a box containing Rs.60 lakh was missing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt