CAT refuses relief to Delhi police inspector
New Delhi: The Central Administrative
Tribunal has refused to give relief to a Delhi Police
Inspector whose three years of service was forfeited for being
drunk while on duty.
The Tribunal also declined to interfere with the order
of the quasi-judicial bodies, saying that nothing "illegal"
has been found in the decision of the disciplinary and the
appellate authorities which imposed the penalty.
"A glance through the order passed by the disciplinary
authority reveals that it has discussed the various pleas
taken by the inspector in his representation at considerable
length," the Tribunal, comprising Members Shanker Raju and N D
Dayal, said while dismissing the petition of Inspector
It rejected the Inspector`s contentions that the
orders of the disciplinary and appellate authorities were not
"Keeping in view of the seriousness of the charges
against the inspector, who was a member of the disciplined
force, the penalty was imposed," the Tribunal said.
The Tribunal passed the order on a plea of Kumar
seeking to set aside the inquiry report, order of punishment
as well as appellate order and restoration of his withheld
"It is well settled that the scope of judicial review
is limited. The court does not sit in appeal over the decision
of the quasi-judicial authorities and would not ordinarily
intervene unless illegality and infirmity becomes evident,"
the Tribunal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened