CAT refuses relief to Delhi police inspector
New Delhi: The Central Administrative
Tribunal has refused to give relief to a Delhi Police
Inspector whose three years of service was forfeited for being
drunk while on duty.
The Tribunal also declined to interfere with the order
of the quasi-judicial bodies, saying that nothing "illegal"
has been found in the decision of the disciplinary and the
appellate authorities which imposed the penalty.
"A glance through the order passed by the disciplinary
authority reveals that it has discussed the various pleas
taken by the inspector in his representation at considerable
length," the Tribunal, comprising Members Shanker Raju and N D
Dayal, said while dismissing the petition of Inspector
It rejected the Inspector`s contentions that the
orders of the disciplinary and appellate authorities were not
"Keeping in view of the seriousness of the charges
against the inspector, who was a member of the disciplined
force, the penalty was imposed," the Tribunal said.
The Tribunal passed the order on a plea of Kumar
seeking to set aside the inquiry report, order of punishment
as well as appellate order and restoration of his withheld
"It is well settled that the scope of judicial review
is limited. The court does not sit in appeal over the decision
of the quasi-judicial authorities and would not ordinarily
intervene unless illegality and infirmity becomes evident,"
the Tribunal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price