CBI arrests alleged chitfund scam mastermind
New Delhi: CBI on Wednesday arrested an absconding alleged mastermind of chitfund scam in Tripura, Abu Sadeque Ishtiak Ahmed Choudhury, in Kolkata where he was hiding after duping a number of people from the state.
Managing Director of Daffodils Associates Limited, Chowdhary, had been on the run since last October when CBI started probing a chit fund scam in which his company had allegedly duped investors of nearly Rs 11 crore.
Chowdhary was allegedly hiding in Kolkata from where he was nabbed today by a team of CBI officers.
It is alleged that Chowdhary collected over Rs 11 crore from investors of Tripura promising them higher rate of return against their deposits raised by issuance of certificates of shares and booking of flats and plots before escaping from the state without refunding the money, a CBI official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand