CBI arrests Delhi Govt official in graft case
New Delhi: CBI on Tuesday arrested an Assistant Commissioner of Delhi Government and his personal assistant for allegedly taking bribe for renewing license of a ration shop.
Dharamvir Sharma, Assistant Commissioner, Food and Supply Department, Delhi Government and his personal assistant Bal Kishan were arrested for allegedly demanding and receiving bribe of Rs 15,000 for renewing ration shop license.
"Central Bureau of Investigation has today arrested an Assistant Commissioner, Food & Supply Department, Delhi Government while demanding and accepting bribe amount of Rs.15,000/- from the complainant. His Personal Assistant was also arrested for accepting bribe amount of Rs. 5,000," CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra said here today.
She said a complaint was lodged with the CBI, that brother-in-law of complainant has a ration shop at Minto Road.
She said the license of the shop issued by the Food & Supply Department was expiring shortly and complainant had approached the Assistant Commissioner, Food and Supply Department (Central).
"The accused demanded Rs 15,000 as bribe for the renewal of license of Ration Shop. Based on this complaint, CBI registered a case and laid a trap. Both the accused, Assistant Commissioner, Food and Supply Department and his Personal Assistant(Upper Division Clerk) were arrested from their office at Vikas Sadan, ITO, New Delhi while demanding and accepting bribe amount of Rs15,000 and Rs 5,000 respectively," she said.
The agency carried out searches at the official and residential premises of the accused persons, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...