CBI arrests ex-Delhi Police SI for cheating in Civils Exam
New Delhi: CBI today arrested a former sub-inspector of Delhi Police for allegedly cheating through a bluetooth device during Civil Services (Mains) Examination conducted by the UPSC in December last year.
CBI sources said searches were conducted at Rajinder Nagar and Prahladpur Bangar village in outer Delhi which resulted in seizure of a bluetooth device which was used for conveying the answers in the examination hall.
28-year old former sub-inspector, Deepak Mann, who had appeared in its third attempt with Philosophy subject in the examination allegedly used a specially designed vest, shirt, and get-up to hide wires of customised bluetooth device through which he was communicating with his accomplice Archana Singh and two others sitting outside the centre.
Since it was a subjective paper, Mann used signals like coughing etc to communicate his team outside that he was behind in taking dictation from them and they needed to slow down, or that he missed a point and they need to repeat, CBI sources said.
They said all four suspects were questioned today and more arrests could be made soon.
The sources said Mann could not be successful in his attempt and the probe will not have any impact on the ongoing interview process for the civil services examination.
The agency received a reference from the UPSC and during discreet verification came across the role of the group.
"The accused have been charged under section 420 of the IPC read with 120-B. Searches have been carried out at two places. The prime accused is being questioned. The matter is under further investigation," CBI spokesperson said.
During the searches, the agency has recovered three mobile phones, two laptops, one customised clandestine equipment with bluetooth technology customised vest to conceal the wires, and Mann`s I-card of Delhi Police where he used to work.
The CBI also seized a seal of a gazetted officer, which is being verified whether original or fake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors