CBI arrests ex-Delhi Police SI for cheating in Civils Exam
New Delhi: CBI today arrested a former sub-inspector of Delhi Police for allegedly cheating through a bluetooth device during Civil Services (Mains) Examination conducted by the UPSC in December last year.
CBI sources said searches were conducted at Rajinder Nagar and Prahladpur Bangar village in outer Delhi which resulted in seizure of a bluetooth device which was used for conveying the answers in the examination hall.
28-year old former sub-inspector, Deepak Mann, who had appeared in its third attempt with Philosophy subject in the examination allegedly used a specially designed vest, shirt, and get-up to hide wires of customised bluetooth device through which he was communicating with his accomplice Archana Singh and two others sitting outside the centre.
Since it was a subjective paper, Mann used signals like coughing etc to communicate his team outside that he was behind in taking dictation from them and they needed to slow down, or that he missed a point and they need to repeat, CBI sources said.
They said all four suspects were questioned today and more arrests could be made soon.
The sources said Mann could not be successful in his attempt and the probe will not have any impact on the ongoing interview process for the civil services examination.
The agency received a reference from the UPSC and during discreet verification came across the role of the group.
"The accused have been charged under section 420 of the IPC read with 120-B. Searches have been carried out at two places. The prime accused is being questioned. The matter is under further investigation," CBI spokesperson said.
During the searches, the agency has recovered three mobile phones, two laptops, one customised clandestine equipment with bluetooth technology customised vest to conceal the wires, and Mann`s I-card of Delhi Police where he used to work.
The CBI also seized a seal of a gazetted officer, which is being verified whether original or fake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves