CBI arrests I-T official, CA for taking bribe
New Delhi: The CBI Sunday arrested an income tax officer and a chartered accountant in Bangalore for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs five lakh from a person, the agency said here today.
The agency arrested ITO V Nagaraj and Chartered Accountant Nagin Kincha while allegedly receiving Rs five lakh out of the total Rs 20 lakh bribe demanded by them from a person, who informed CBI about it.
"A case was registered by CBI against an Income Tax Officer, Ward 4(3), Unity Building, Bangalore and a Chartered Accountant Lakshmi Complex, K.R Road, Bangalore u/s 120-B r/w 7 & 8 of PC Act 1988. It was alleged that the accused persons had demanded an illegal gratification of Rs 20 lakh for settling the income tax liabilities of the complainant. CBI laid a trap and both the accused persons were arrested while accepting a bribe of Rs 5 lakh as part of the Rs 20 lakh demanded by them," CBI spokesperson said here.
Searches were conducted at the residential premises of the accused which yielded a recovery of incriminating documents including investment details from the ITO and cash of Rs 50 lakhs (approx) along with incriminating documents from the CA, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday