CBI arrests I-T official, CA for taking bribe
New Delhi: The CBI Sunday arrested an income tax officer and a chartered accountant in Bangalore for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs five lakh from a person, the agency said here today.
The agency arrested ITO V Nagaraj and Chartered Accountant Nagin Kincha while allegedly receiving Rs five lakh out of the total Rs 20 lakh bribe demanded by them from a person, who informed CBI about it.
"A case was registered by CBI against an Income Tax Officer, Ward 4(3), Unity Building, Bangalore and a Chartered Accountant Lakshmi Complex, K.R Road, Bangalore u/s 120-B r/w 7 & 8 of PC Act 1988. It was alleged that the accused persons had demanded an illegal gratification of Rs 20 lakh for settling the income tax liabilities of the complainant. CBI laid a trap and both the accused persons were arrested while accepting a bribe of Rs 5 lakh as part of the Rs 20 lakh demanded by them," CBI spokesperson said here.
Searches were conducted at the residential premises of the accused which yielded a recovery of incriminating documents including investment details from the ITO and cash of Rs 50 lakhs (approx) along with incriminating documents from the CA, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?