CBI arrests I-T official, CA for taking bribe
New Delhi: The CBI Sunday arrested an income tax officer and a chartered accountant in Bangalore for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs five lakh from a person, the agency said here today.
The agency arrested ITO V Nagaraj and Chartered Accountant Nagin Kincha while allegedly receiving Rs five lakh out of the total Rs 20 lakh bribe demanded by them from a person, who informed CBI about it.
"A case was registered by CBI against an Income Tax Officer, Ward 4(3), Unity Building, Bangalore and a Chartered Accountant Lakshmi Complex, K.R Road, Bangalore u/s 120-B r/w 7 & 8 of PC Act 1988. It was alleged that the accused persons had demanded an illegal gratification of Rs 20 lakh for settling the income tax liabilities of the complainant. CBI laid a trap and both the accused persons were arrested while accepting a bribe of Rs 5 lakh as part of the Rs 20 lakh demanded by them," CBI spokesperson said here.
Searches were conducted at the residential premises of the accused which yielded a recovery of incriminating documents including investment details from the ITO and cash of Rs 50 lakhs (approx) along with incriminating documents from the CA, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued