CBI arrests two Delhi Govt officials on graft charges
New Delhi: CBI has arrested an Assistant Commissioner and a Lower Division Clerk of Delhi Government`s Food and Supply Department for allegedly accepting a bribe for not cancelling license of a fair shop owner despite detecting irregularities in the audit.
CBI sources said Assistant Commissioner Vinod Atal and LDC Ajay were arrested while accepting bribe of Rs 40,000 from the shop owner.
"The complainant, an employee of Fair Price Shop(FPS) alleged in his complaint that the Assistant Commissioner, New Delhi and a LDC both of Food and Supply Department, GNCT, Delhi were demanding an illegal gratification of Rs. 50,000/- for not cancelling the license of FPS shop on the ground of irregularities detected during the audit," a CBI spokesperson said here today.
The official said after negotiation they allegedly agreed to accept Rs 40,000 after which CBI laid a trap and both the officials were arrested.
"Searches were carried out at their official and residential premises. Documents relating investment recovered are being scrutinised," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year