CBI arrests two Delhi Govt officials on graft charges
New Delhi: CBI has arrested an Assistant Commissioner and a Lower Division Clerk of Delhi Government`s Food and Supply Department for allegedly accepting a bribe for not cancelling license of a fair shop owner despite detecting irregularities in the audit.
CBI sources said Assistant Commissioner Vinod Atal and LDC Ajay were arrested while accepting bribe of Rs 40,000 from the shop owner.
"The complainant, an employee of Fair Price Shop(FPS) alleged in his complaint that the Assistant Commissioner, New Delhi and a LDC both of Food and Supply Department, GNCT, Delhi were demanding an illegal gratification of Rs. 50,000/- for not cancelling the license of FPS shop on the ground of irregularities detected during the audit," a CBI spokesperson said here today.
The official said after negotiation they allegedly agreed to accept Rs 40,000 after which CBI laid a trap and both the officials were arrested.
"Searches were carried out at their official and residential premises. Documents relating investment recovered are being scrutinised," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Enough "firepower" to deal with Brexit fallout: Govt
- US Supreme Court's tie blocks Obama's immigration plan
- China, Switzerland oppose India's bid for NSG membership; Arvind Kejriwal seeks explanation from PM Narendra Modi
- You MUST pack these essentials in your kit while travelling!
- Shocker for India, Switzerland makes u-turn on NSG bid