CBI arrests two Delhi Govt officials on graft charges
New Delhi: CBI has arrested an Assistant Commissioner and a Lower Division Clerk of Delhi Government`s Food and Supply Department for allegedly accepting a bribe for not cancelling license of a fair shop owner despite detecting irregularities in the audit.
CBI sources said Assistant Commissioner Vinod Atal and LDC Ajay were arrested while accepting bribe of Rs 40,000 from the shop owner.
"The complainant, an employee of Fair Price Shop(FPS) alleged in his complaint that the Assistant Commissioner, New Delhi and a LDC both of Food and Supply Department, GNCT, Delhi were demanding an illegal gratification of Rs. 50,000/- for not cancelling the license of FPS shop on the ground of irregularities detected during the audit," a CBI spokesperson said here today.
The official said after negotiation they allegedly agreed to accept Rs 40,000 after which CBI laid a trap and both the officials were arrested.
"Searches were carried out at their official and residential premises. Documents relating investment recovered are being scrutinised," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre