CBI arrests two PWD engineers for taking bribe
New Delhi: Two engineers of Public Works
Department were on Tuesday arrested by CBI on the charge of taking
bribe from a complainant for approving the payment of work
contracts related to desilting of drain here.
CBI officials said the duo have been identified as Sabbar
Khan, Assistant Engineer and Ram Janam Chaudhary, Junior
Engineer, employed with the civic agency at its Mall Road
They said both were apprehended while accepting Rs 13,000
against the demand of Rs 15,000 from the complainant for
passing the payment of a work contract of desilting of drain
near Mall Road from Delhi University to Chhatrasal Stadium.
Searches are being carried out at the residential and
official premises of both the accused for recovery of
documents, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Janmashtami special—Celebrate Krishna's birth with these top 5 Bollywood tracks!
- Prevent abdominal aortic rupture – Drink green tea!
- Delhi's waste chokes Yamuna of all aquatic life
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Teenager killed in firing by security forces as Rajnath Singh visits Kashmir