CBI arrests two PWD engineers for taking bribe
New Delhi: Two engineers of Public Works
Department were on Tuesday arrested by CBI on the charge of taking
bribe from a complainant for approving the payment of work
contracts related to desilting of drain here.
CBI officials said the duo have been identified as Sabbar
Khan, Assistant Engineer and Ram Janam Chaudhary, Junior
Engineer, employed with the civic agency at its Mall Road
They said both were apprehended while accepting Rs 13,000
against the demand of Rs 15,000 from the complainant for
passing the payment of a work contract of desilting of drain
near Mall Road from Delhi University to Chhatrasal Stadium.
Searches are being carried out at the residential and
official premises of both the accused for recovery of
documents, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog