CBI arrests two PWD engineers for taking bribe
New Delhi: Two engineers of Public Works
Department were on Tuesday arrested by CBI on the charge of taking
bribe from a complainant for approving the payment of work
contracts related to desilting of drain here.
CBI officials said the duo have been identified as Sabbar
Khan, Assistant Engineer and Ram Janam Chaudhary, Junior
Engineer, employed with the civic agency at its Mall Road
They said both were apprehended while accepting Rs 13,000
against the demand of Rs 15,000 from the complainant for
passing the payment of a work contract of desilting of drain
near Mall Road from Delhi University to Chhatrasal Stadium.
Searches are being carried out at the residential and
official premises of both the accused for recovery of
documents, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?