CBI arrests two PWD engineers for taking bribe
New Delhi: Two engineers of Public Works
Department were on Tuesday arrested by CBI on the charge of taking
bribe from a complainant for approving the payment of work
contracts related to desilting of drain here.
CBI officials said the duo have been identified as Sabbar
Khan, Assistant Engineer and Ram Janam Chaudhary, Junior
Engineer, employed with the civic agency at its Mall Road
They said both were apprehended while accepting Rs 13,000
against the demand of Rs 15,000 from the complainant for
passing the payment of a work contract of desilting of drain
near Mall Road from Delhi University to Chhatrasal Stadium.
Searches are being carried out at the residential and
official premises of both the accused for recovery of
documents, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH