CBI court completes sentencing of fodder scam convicts
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Friday sentenced
three former officials of the Animal Husbandry department and
nine suppliers, to between four and six years imprisonment for
fraudulently withdrawing Rs 19.2 crore from the Doranda
treasury here in the 1990s.
CBI judge, A H Ansari sentenced former treasury officials
Rakesh Mehra and Rajendra Kumar Harit to four years
imprisonment and gave five years to B P Sinha.
The court also handed out between four and six years
RI to nine suppliers.
The court fined all the 12 convicts between Rs five and
With today`s verdict, the judge completed sentencing
of all the 52 convicted in the case on November 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat