CBI court completes sentencing of fodder scam convicts
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Friday sentenced
three former officials of the Animal Husbandry department and
nine suppliers, to between four and six years imprisonment for
fraudulently withdrawing Rs 19.2 crore from the Doranda
treasury here in the 1990s.
CBI judge, A H Ansari sentenced former treasury officials
Rakesh Mehra and Rajendra Kumar Harit to four years
imprisonment and gave five years to B P Sinha.
The court also handed out between four and six years
RI to nine suppliers.
The court fined all the 12 convicts between Rs five and
With today`s verdict, the judge completed sentencing
of all the 52 convicted in the case on November 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!