CBI court completes sentencing of fodder scam convicts
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Friday sentenced
three former officials of the Animal Husbandry department and
nine suppliers, to between four and six years imprisonment for
fraudulently withdrawing Rs 19.2 crore from the Doranda
treasury here in the 1990s.
CBI judge, A H Ansari sentenced former treasury officials
Rakesh Mehra and Rajendra Kumar Harit to four years
imprisonment and gave five years to B P Sinha.
The court also handed out between four and six years
RI to nine suppliers.
The court fined all the 12 convicts between Rs five and
With today`s verdict, the judge completed sentencing
of all the 52 convicted in the case on November 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof