CBI filed case against five for AIIMS exam manipulation: Govt
New Delhi: CBI has registered a case against five students of All India Institute of Medical Sciences for manipulating their mark sheets during the entrance test conducted in June and November 2010, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
In a written reply to the Upper House, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said, "CBI has registered a case against four persons who are presently pursuing studies at AIIMS for manipulation in their Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet during entrance examination conducted by AIIMS in Nov 2010."
A similar case was registered by the probe agency "against one person currently pursuing studies at AIIMS for manipulation in OMR sheet during entrance examination conducted by AIIMS in June 2010".
Azad said that CBI found seven candidates manipulating their OMR sheets in All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination in 2010 and four in 2011.
On measures being taken by government to stop such incidents, the Health Minister said, "To overcome any tampering, the OMR answer sheet has been improvised for better accuracy and candidates have been asked to make a declaration regarding number of questions answered on the OMR sheets."
The declaration has to be signed by each candidates and countersigned by the invigilators present in the examination hall during the tests, Azad said.
On complaints regarding irregularities in implementation of National Rural Health Mission (NRHM), he said, "Apart from Uttar Pradesh, complaints regarding irregularities in implementation of NRHM have been received from Assam, Bihar, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, Odisha and Rajasthan."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'