CBI moves HC against summons to its chief
New Delhi: CBI on Wednesday moved the Delhi High Court challenging a trial court summons to its Director to explain the disappearance of some of the documents pertaining to the sensational multi-crore rupees Molarband and Dheerpur land scam case.
The petition of the agency is likely to be heard
A special CBI judge had earlier issued summons to the CBI
Director, asking him to appear before him and explain how some
crucial documents in the land scam, involving `choley-bhature`
vendor Ashok Malhotra as accused, has gone missing.
The lower court had also asked the CBI Director to
explain why the fact regarding missing documents had been
The case pertains to Delhi Assembly canteen`s former
contractor Ashok Malhotra who was arrested in 2007 along with
MCD and DDA officials for allegedly conspiring to acquire
plots meant for resettlement of slum dwellers and subsequently
selling them at exorbitant rates.
The fact of missing documents had come to the court`s
notice on November 28, 2011, when it was told that documents
and statements could not be filed as the investigating officer
(IO) of the case, D K Thakur, was arrested in another case.
CBI had also said the case record was not handed over by
Thakur to any other IO and the documents relied upon could
not be recovered from his almirah.
Malhotra was arrested on August 6, 2007, for allegedly
conspiring with DDA officials to fraudulently acquire plots,
meant for resettlement of slum dwellers between 2000 and 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations