CBI quizzes retd Army officers, Vectra executive
New Delhi: The CBI on Thursday questioned two retired Army officers and an executive of Vectra, whose residence were searched yesterday, in connection with its probe into alleged irregularities in the procurement and supply of Tatra all-terrain vehicles to the Army.
Retired Brigadier P C Das, retired Colonel Anil Dutta and Vectra executive Anil Mansaramani were called for questioning at the CBI Headquarters here today, CBI sources said.
They were grilled for nearly six hours on various aspects of the Tatra truck supply deal, they said.
Mansaramani, who is allegedly the liaison officer for Vectra Chief Ravinder Rishi, has been named by CBI in its FIR.
The CBI suspects that post-retirement, Das and Dutta allegedly used to liaison for Vectra in the Army and were in touch with Mansaramani although sources clarified that there was nothing against the officers during their service.
Das was questioned by sleuths yesterday as well, they said.
Vectra, which has controlling stake in Tatra Sipox UK, has come under CBI scanner over alleged irregularities in the supply of all terrain vehicle components to the public sector BEML which assembles and supplies these vehicles to the Army.
Meanwhile, in a separate probe regarding allegations of General V K Singh that he was offered a bribe Rs 14 crore by retired Lt General Tejinder Singh for clearing supply of 600 Tatra all terrain vehicles, CBI has been alloted time by the Army Chief to seek clarification on some points in his complaint.
The agency officers had sought time from the army chief to clarify some points from his complaint which was sent to the agency on April 10 but because of his busy schedule he could not give time to them, sources said.
He has now agreed to meet them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das