CBI reconstitutes team probing Aarushi murder case
New Delhi: After failing to make any
breakthrough in the sensational Aarushi-Hemraj murder case,
the CBI has reconstituted its team of officials to go into the
A decision to this effect was taken by CBI chief Ashwani
Kumar as he did not agree with the line of investigation taken
by the team, sources in the agency said.
CBI officials maintain that the decision was taken because
the present Director believed that there should be complete
decentralisation of the cases and this case should be
investigated by CBI sleuths in Lucknow.
The new team was likely to start investigation right from
scratch as now even the vaginal swab of 14-year-old Aarushi
seems to have been misplaced or not taken at all.
They said there was no semen, as alleged initially, in the
slides sent to the centre and corroborative testing revealed
that the material was not drawn from Aarushi.
Sunil Dohere, a doctor, had taken vaginal swabs following
Aarushi`s murder on May 15, 2008. The doctor reported that the
swabs contained a white discharge, suggestive of seminal
But, Dohere’s senior, S C Singhal, later said the slides
prepared from the swabs had tested negative for semen.
Aarushi was found murdered in her Noida home on May 15,
2008. Their domestic help Hemraj, initially suspected of the
crime, was later found dead on the roof-top.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her