CBI reconstitutes team probing Aarushi murder case
New Delhi: After failing to make any
breakthrough in the sensational Aarushi-Hemraj murder case,
the CBI has reconstituted its team of officials to go into the
A decision to this effect was taken by CBI chief Ashwani
Kumar as he did not agree with the line of investigation taken
by the team, sources in the agency said.
CBI officials maintain that the decision was taken because
the present Director believed that there should be complete
decentralisation of the cases and this case should be
investigated by CBI sleuths in Lucknow.
The new team was likely to start investigation right from
scratch as now even the vaginal swab of 14-year-old Aarushi
seems to have been misplaced or not taken at all.
They said there was no semen, as alleged initially, in the
slides sent to the centre and corroborative testing revealed
that the material was not drawn from Aarushi.
Sunil Dohere, a doctor, had taken vaginal swabs following
Aarushi`s murder on May 15, 2008. The doctor reported that the
swabs contained a white discharge, suggestive of seminal
But, Dohere’s senior, S C Singhal, later said the slides
prepared from the swabs had tested negative for semen.
Aarushi was found murdered in her Noida home on May 15,
2008. Their domestic help Hemraj, initially suspected of the
crime, was later found dead on the roof-top.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery