CBI reconstitutes team probing Aarushi murder case
New Delhi: After failing to make any
breakthrough in the sensational Aarushi-Hemraj murder case,
the CBI has reconstituted its team of officials to go into the
A decision to this effect was taken by CBI chief Ashwani
Kumar as he did not agree with the line of investigation taken
by the team, sources in the agency said.
CBI officials maintain that the decision was taken because
the present Director believed that there should be complete
decentralisation of the cases and this case should be
investigated by CBI sleuths in Lucknow.
The new team was likely to start investigation right from
scratch as now even the vaginal swab of 14-year-old Aarushi
seems to have been misplaced or not taken at all.
They said there was no semen, as alleged initially, in the
slides sent to the centre and corroborative testing revealed
that the material was not drawn from Aarushi.
Sunil Dohere, a doctor, had taken vaginal swabs following
Aarushi`s murder on May 15, 2008. The doctor reported that the
swabs contained a white discharge, suggestive of seminal
But, Dohere’s senior, S C Singhal, later said the slides
prepared from the swabs had tested negative for semen.
Aarushi was found murdered in her Noida home on May 15,
2008. Their domestic help Hemraj, initially suspected of the
crime, was later found dead on the roof-top.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate