CBI recovers cash, foreign currency from Delhi air hostess
New Delhi: CBI has recovered cash of over Rs
65 lakh, gold and foreign currency worth about Rs 24 lakh from
searches of bank lockers of an air hostess of the national
CBI has already registered a case against Anu Puri for
allegedly amassing wealth to the tune of over Rs 3.5 crore
which is not proportional to her known sources of income.
"Bank locker in the name of Air Hostess at a bank in New
Delhi has yielded jewellery weighing 150 gms. Besides foreign
currency was also found in the locker, that is, USD 4,477
(about Rs 2.02 lakh), Australian Dollars 1,200 (Rs 48,617),
Euro 1,120 (Rs 64,331), UAE Dirhams 100 (Rs 1,233), Omani Rial
17,400 (Rs 20.47 lakh), Malaysian Pingett 14 (Rs 197) and Thai
Baht 13,980 ( about Rs 20,000).
"Another locker hired in the joint names of Air Hostess
and her colleague yielded cash of Rs 67.5 lakh," CBI
spokesperson said here today.
Puri, an officer of Deputy Manager level, came under the
notice of the CBI, during its probe into the corruption
case booked against O Ravi, former Joint Secretary in the
Union Home Ministry, CBI sources said.
Ravi was arrested by CBI late last month for allegedly
indulging in a excise duty evasion scam to the tune of Rs 340
The sources, however, refused to elaborate further on the
link between Ravi and Puri.
"It may be recalled that the total assets and expenditure
of Air Hostess is Rs 4,99,54,478 against her income of Rs
1,36,79,700. Thus the disproportionate assets amount is Rs
3,62,74,778 and the DA is 265 per cent," he added.
CBI has yesterday recovered cash of Rs 7.25 lakh from the
searches of her various premises and those of her associates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report