CBI registers case against former IGNOU VC
New Delhi: CBI has registered a case of alleged graft against former Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University for permitting two varsities to run distance learning courses in violation of norms.
Soon after registering the case against Rajshekharan Pillai, the agency today carried out searches at his premises in Trivandrum and Kottayam.
The CBI has alleged that Pillai during his tenure as VC of IGNOU allowed Sikkim Manipal University and Punjab Technical University to run distance learning courses in violation of laid down procedures, sources said.
They said Pillai has been booked under charges of Prevention of Corruption Act, abuse of official position and criminal conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan