CBI registers case against former IGNOU VC
New Delhi: CBI has registered a case of alleged graft against former Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University for permitting two varsities to run distance learning courses in violation of norms.
Soon after registering the case against Rajshekharan Pillai, the agency today carried out searches at his premises in Trivandrum and Kottayam.
The CBI has alleged that Pillai during his tenure as VC of IGNOU allowed Sikkim Manipal University and Punjab Technical University to run distance learning courses in violation of laid down procedures, sources said.
They said Pillai has been booked under charges of Prevention of Corruption Act, abuse of official position and criminal conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video