CBI registers case against former IGNOU VC
New Delhi: CBI has registered a case of alleged graft against former Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University for permitting two varsities to run distance learning courses in violation of norms.
Soon after registering the case against Rajshekharan Pillai, the agency today carried out searches at his premises in Trivandrum and Kottayam.
The CBI has alleged that Pillai during his tenure as VC of IGNOU allowed Sikkim Manipal University and Punjab Technical University to run distance learning courses in violation of laid down procedures, sources said.
They said Pillai has been booked under charges of Prevention of Corruption Act, abuse of official position and criminal conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars