CBI registers case against former IGNOU VC
New Delhi: CBI has registered a case of alleged graft against former Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University for permitting two varsities to run distance learning courses in violation of norms.
Soon after registering the case against Rajshekharan Pillai, the agency today carried out searches at his premises in Trivandrum and Kottayam.
The CBI has alleged that Pillai during his tenure as VC of IGNOU allowed Sikkim Manipal University and Punjab Technical University to run distance learning courses in violation of laid down procedures, sources said.
They said Pillai has been booked under charges of Prevention of Corruption Act, abuse of official position and criminal conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed